Please note that this is a dual position. Field service experience is required as the ideal candidate will be doing both Field service calls as well as training.
The Field Service Engineer will be primarily responsible for Customer relationship management through the effective application of technical knowledge while repairing customer equipment.This is accomplished through individual efforts and the efforts of the service team. The Field Service Engineer will also participate in sales opportunities such as contract renewals and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
The technical trainer delivers subject matter that reflects the latest in ultrasound technology and equipment. You will learn from the best trainers in the classroom and work hands-on with various ultrasound systems to solve simulated technical problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER:
· Providing diagnostic and repair expertise to multi-vendor/OEM ultrasound systems.
· Keep up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
· Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
· Work with key members of our field service business unit to prevent and minimize customer’s system downtown time.
· Work with key members of Conquest Imaging to provide customer communications on other business units such as Part Sales, Repair and Training.
· Contribute to in business development and marketing within designated territory.
Technical Training Responsibilities
1. Conduct and arrange for ongoing technical training with outside and inside customers.
2. Deliver Ultrasound Basics, DICOM Standards and Networks
3. Assist with planning, developing, and provide training, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
4. Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
5. Confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on projected production processes, changes, and other factors.
6. Develop and organize training manuals, multimedia visual aids, and other educational materials.
7. Develop testing and evaluation procedures.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
· Travel up to 40% to the customer site, zone office or identified locations for meetings, training and business needs outside the Zone.
· Average driving is 1 to 4 hours daily.
· Carries or pulls up to 40 lbs. of test equipment.
· Lift parts or carries parts weighing a few ounces to over 100 lbs. (assistance available when lifting items over 50 lbs.).
· Frequently bends, stoops, twists, turns, and works in unusual positions using full body mobility.
· Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical, and biological agents.
· Adheres to established quality requirements (FDA) and safety requirements (electrical and radiation safety, safe lifting practices).
· Comply with HIPPAA regulations.
Education and Skill Requirements:
·Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
Experience with Ultrasound equipment.
·Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
·Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
Ø 5+ Years prior work history working in technical positions including but not limited to:
· The design and develop of medical diagnostic and clinical instrumentation, equipment, and procedures, using the principles of engineering.
· Advise and assist in the application of instrumentation in clinical environments.
· Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment.
· Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
· Teach biomedical engineering or disseminate knowledge about field through writing or consulting.
· Write documents describing protocols, policies, standards for use, maintenance, and repair of medical equipment.
· Diagnose and interpret bioelectric data, using signal processing techniques.
Ø Knowledge to include but not limited to:
· Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
· Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
· Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
We offer unsurpassed support to our field service engineers in the areas of technical support, technical training and parts delivery. We offer a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefit package.
Classification : Full Time, Non-exempt
Compensation and Benefits:
Conquest Imaging has become the total ultrasound solution leader for healthcare providers through quality products and excellent customer service, comprehensive ultrasound service programs and 24/7 technical support.
Throughout the years the Conrad’s philosophy has been to provide world class ultrasound service, products, training and support that would serve as an industry benchmark for excellence. The Company has captured that essence with the company’s mantra for Quality Assurance 360º, meaning every part, probe and probe repair goes through a multi-step process prior to receiving the Quality Assurance 360º seal approval.
The Company is also ISO 9001:2008 Certified. The designation describes a set of requirements that must be in place to have a quality management system, regardless of the organization’s size, product or service line, or public or private status. Certification to the standard is voluntary, and organizations must complete a rigorous auditing process by a third-party registrar.
Conquest Imaging is always looking for good talent. Do you thrive as part of a committed team? Do you love to find creative solutions to old challenges? Do you want to make an impact and help your company and your career advance together? Are you passionate about helping ultrasound healthcare providers deliver better diagnostic patient care? If you answered yes to any of these questions, consider a career at Conquest Imaging.